You’ve made the date with the adorable guy you met last week. Date’s at 8:00 and now the question of, what am I going to wear? Remember first impressions are the most important. And let’s face it, before he gets to know you, he’s going to see you and what he sees can make or break this budding connection faster than it started.
So, as you rummage through your wardrobe, keep a few things in mind:
Dress for the date
- Dress for the occasion! Nothing’s worse than showing up to casual date at his favorite burger places in 6in heels and sequined mini. It’s awkward. He’s going to be uncomfortable, you’re going to be uncomfortable and overall you’re going to look incredibly stupid. This isn’t just for the First Daters. If you’re going out with boyfriend/hubby or whomever and you’re not sure of the plans, ask.
KISS- Keep it Sexy and Simple
- You look amazing in this one-shoulder silk blouse with a 5in peacock feather broach; the blue really compliments your complexion. But leave it in the closet. Too trendy can be tragic. Most men don’t pay attention to the latest fashion trends and won’t appreciate your red carpet appearance. Keep it simple but sassy.
Save the low cuts for later
- I know you want to show off your assets and pump up the attraction factor but save it for another day. Men are rather simple minded. I’m pretty sure they spend 50% of the date trying to picture their date naked; you don’t want to cause any more loss of attention by having the girls out and about on the date. This is an important tip to follow if you’re going to dinner because the table will cut just at the upper half of your body, basically placing the goodies on a display table. Good luck with any convo at that point!
Don’t paint on your face
- Make up should not be worn as a mask. LESS IS BEST! Go for a natural look. A little bronzer, eye liner, mascara, neutral and soft eye shadow, and some attention to the lips is all you need. Guys don’t like a ton of makeup, it’s scary! I once knew a model that had to put on a photo shoot’s worth of makeup because her boyfriend had never seen her without it. YOU CAN’T LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE THIS!!! It’s bizarre. Guys want to see you, minus the pony tricks. So save the ultimate MAC Collection for another night.
- 3 words. LITTLE. BLACK. DRESS. Coco Chanel 1920’s fashion is never out of style. So if you need something other than jeans, pull this one out. Accessorize and make it your own.
- Wear something you’re going to be comfortable in. You don’t want to spend the entire night tugging and adjusting to avoid nip slips and crack shows!
Most importantly, wear confidence! No, it’s not a physical item but it’s important. Confidence is sexy, and nothing will turn him on more than seeing it exude from your pores. With the right kind of confidence, hell who needs clothes!
XOXO CoCo Rene
What are you’re first date staple items or do’s and dont’s?